Thursday, August 13, 2009

Poster Owner Interviewed After McCaskill Townhall

Show Me Progress:: Senator Claire McCaskill (D): open forum in Hillsboro - video of the Rosa Parks poster altercation
[Show Me Progress: So, what happened? What happened, did, after you sat down?

Maxine Johnson: When I sat down I put my sign in the chair in front of me. It was rolled up. And the reporter kind of, news reporter crawled over there, she was standing up and she asked could she take a picture of the sign. We unrolled the sign laying down in the chair. And she was taking a picture of Rosa Parks. This man comes out of the crowd, snatch my sign, I stood up, they said he pushed me. I don't remember anything 'cause you know by that time my adrenaline going everywhere...All I'm thinking about is getting my sign back. I got up in...to proceed, go get my sign back. 'Cause he was crumbling it up. I said, "Give my sign back!" When I said that, next thing I know I had four police officers on me and one on him. I'm the victim here, [laugh] you know. And then as I say, "I'm pressing charges!"...I said, "Obama, Obama!" So, you know what, you know like I said Rosa Parks fought for our freedom back then, now I'm fighting for our freedom now...So we're fighting for the next generation...]

No comments: