Saturday, April 4, 2009

Must read: Internal Damnation: An Ex-Gay Memoir of Suicide and Salvation

Internal Damnation: An Ex-Gay Memoir of Suicide and Salvation - The GCRM Media Center
[Be warned - my story is disturbing; that is the point of it. It is to bring to your conscious mind what atrocities befall innocent and productive members of society by that society's own perpetual hatred for a misunderstood minority. In essence, this is my story of internal damnation...

My indoctrination into New York’s Exodus International came from my own self loathing towards my homosexuality. I internally hated myself because the church I belonged to made it clear that unless I sought this therapy and succeeded in going straight I would be damned for eternity. At that time in 2003 I still believed in scripture. Having been subjected to videos and media that warned of a hellish punishment for my lifestyle choice, I felt obligated to right this wrong. I was told that I had brought this 'lifestyle' upon myself and irrationally I believed it.]

Hat Tip: GLBTQ Tweets


No comments: