Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Two Stories of Thanksgiving

Newsvine - The Two Stories of Thanksgiving
Story one; European Americans sit down to eat with Native Americans. Story two, European Americans attack and eat Native Americans on "Thanksgiving". The question posed is, which is the real story? And how should you view and interact with the holiday thanksgiving?

In School, I learned that the Pilgrims had black hats and gold shinny buckles and sat down and had a wonderful meal with their friends the Native Americans in 1621. I thought this was the way things looked, because this is what my teachers and parents told me. This is not like Christmas, they wouldn't lie about this would they?

I was in middle age, before I learned that this was not the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help my teacher’s god. I would not say they “lied”, however, the Europeans that were invading Turtle Island did not have cloths as described. They whore much less flamboyant plain everyday work cloths. In addition, most Native Americans would tell you that these were not the friendliest folks that ever landed on Turtle Island...


No comments: